Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Seeking Guidance

Over a life time a person can receive an overwhelming amount of advice and direction. However are they truly seeking it from the right person. We should not seek advice from peers because they usually make us turn away from the Lord. In Jeremiah 17:5, 7, 9 it says – This is what the Lord says: Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who depends on flesh for his strength and whose heart turns away from the Lord. But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it? - This really does make you think where you get your direction from.

Right now I am seeking direction in a couple of areas and Jesus is showing me what it means to completely trust in him and how he is providing for all my needs. I need not to worry about
where my next meal will come or if I will have enough money to fill up my car with gas, or which job will make enough money. For no matter what Jesus will provide me with enough to get by and to make ends meet. Over the past three months he has provided with a family that has opened their home to me. They have provided me with food and shelter and of course a support system that is one of the best around. Jesus has also provided me a friend that has questioned my relationship with Jesus. Who has pushed my beliefs and has made me realize the importance of seeking Jesus for guidance. These are just some things that Jesus has guided me to. However he is continually guiding me and presenting doors in front of me. Which ones I open that is something that I am seeking his guidance. Which ones I wait for that is something he is also offering guidance for. However I am learning that I must wait for him and not seek the advice of peers because that is turning my trust away from the Lord and that is the last thing I want.

So for now may I seek Jesus and follow him all the days of my life!

No comments: