Thursday, August 28, 2008

A New Start to A New Beginning

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Most people think of a new start as getting a new job, a higher salary, or even a change in location. What about becoming a full-time volunteer or even handing your life over to Jesus and giving up life as you knew it. Well that is what I am doing with my life. Some say I am completely crazy and others look up to what I am doing. I view it as a chance to truly follow Jesus and to grow to be the person he made me to do.

This past week I finally gave up my pride and started the application process of receiving food stamps. WoW! Just starting the process has opened my eyes to what people in poverty have to deal with. I always questioned why low income family never had savings or even a retirement. Well you can't if you want any type of assistance. Is this what we are trying to communicate with our society?? I thought we wanted them to learn to save and be able to end the cycle of poverty!! Plus what about housing assistance. I also looked into this and you must first be put on a 18 month waiting list. So are you telling society go be homeless for 18 months and then we will feel sorry for you and help pay for some of your houses cost. I think we need to re-evaluate our system so people who are in need can receive help right away to get them back on there feet.

God has given me this experience to open my eyes to the world around me and to also learn to put my faith and my life into his hands. This past six months in my life has been truly amazing and even through I am living at poverty level God has given me some truly amazing gifts. He has given me amazing friends, a higher self-confidence, and the view in life that I can do anything with God by my side. In Philippians 4:12-13 Paul says "I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength." This verse gives me a new motto in life and that is that no matter what happens I can do everything and anything in Jesus Christ my Savior. To me this is a truly amazing start to a wonderful life and I just can't wait to see what happens.

Check back soon and see how God is working wonders in my life! :D

No comments: