Thursday, August 28, 2008

The End Of The Beginning

Over the past year I have had the honor of serving as an AmeriCorps member with Habitat for Humanity of Indiana. This opportunity has opened many new doors in my life and has allowed me to add purpose and meaning to my life. I came to Lafayette looking for life and I gained so much more then I could every of imagined. Since that leap of faith I have completely handed my life over to Christ. Giving everything I am and I have to his glory. I have meet some of the most amazing people and they have inspired me to reach for the stars. To put faith in my self and to believe anything is possible when you walk next to Jesus. I can truly say now I am living life. I am reaching for the mountain tops and I'm not holding anything back. I mean who just gets on a bike and rides 350 miles across the state of Indiana? Well I did and that is one thing I am proud of. I never gave up and each time when the rain fall and my body filled with pain I looked to the Lord to get me strength and he did. He provided for my need and never let me down one minute. Now he is allowing me to even push my self further as I train for the half-marathon. Each of these events have made me realize that anything is possible with Jesus by my side. I truly understand Jesus purpose for this last year in Lafayette and I look forward to each new day to see what he will provide for me. Who he will bring in to my life, what career path he has plan, and just how he will mold me into the person he has created. So may this not be the end of a journey but only the beginning.

No comments: