Monday, January 2, 2017

Identity

Ten years ago I begun to question who I was. It was a period which turned into one of the biggest turning points of my life to date. I still look back on that time and think what would of happen if... however I quickly realize that without that leap of faith I would of missed out on so much life. Life that has changed me at the core and allowed me to be me. 

Over the past ten years I have explored the world and have fallen in love with some pretty amazing people who have taught me how to live, love and embrace the trials of life with all of the joys. Through this time I learned what it feels like to be broken and completely lost, as well as, what it feels like to run through the streets full of joy! I also have learned what it means to give your life to Christ and to walk through life with faith like a child. I still struggle don't get me wrong... and that is a little bit of why I've decided to start blogging again. Our stories are not meant to hide away but to live and be shared. 

A few weeks ago a dear friend of mine reminded me the importance of be vulnerable. It's not an easy topic but one which I am learning needs to be more apart of my life. So over the upcoming weeks and months I plan on sharing my hopes and dreams with you, along with the trials which come along the way. Yes, there may be days I will want to run and hide but I pray that the Lord uses this leap of faith to bring a greater joy than I can imagine. Plus I pray it encourages you to take that step of faith and to share in this journey with me. May we together trust in the Lord to protect our hearts and to come to a deeper understanding of who we are. 

No comments: