Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Way To Long...

Riding Across Country with Bike & Build
I can't believe it's been over a year since I updated everyone on life. The last year has been full of up's and down's. This last summer I went on an adventure of a lifetime many would say. I traveled by bicycle from Providence, RI to Seattle, WA raising money and awareness for affordable housing here in the United States. You can here more about the experience at www.whereintheworldishailey.blogspot.com.

Now that this journey is over I have began praying about my next big adventure or shall I say adventures. This next spring/summer I am already signed up for two half-marathons, and three bike rides. I will once again be doing Cover Indiana which is a week ride around Indiana. Then I will be attempting the Rain Ride. This ride will be a hard ride because it covers over 160 miles in one day. There is a time limit and in order to complete it you must average 14 mph with stops.  The last ride is a cross country ride however I will only be doing a portion of the ride. I will begin after class is over on July 30th in Bloomington, IL and will end in Washington, DC on August 14th. This ride is with a group called The Fuller Center on Housing. It's an amazing Christian organization which builds home for people in need both in the United States as well as around the world. The money I will raise will go to help build homes in Haiti.

After these adventures end I will be heading to China to begin another journey. In Fall 2011 I will be completely my cross-culture internship in China. Not sure where in China or what I will do but I know it will be an amazing opportunity to learn the culture. Right now that is all I have plan for life. I try to take each day as it comes and enjoy the beautifulness of what God has provided. Just look at some of these I was able to experience this summer.
Diablo Lake in the North Cascades

Dam in New York State

Teton River 

Sunflower Field in South Dakota

Shoshone National Forest 

The Great 'Old Faithful' in Yellowshone 

No comments: